From Breakup to Breakthrough: 4 “Big Truths”

I’m about to share a very personal experience with you. This is not something I’ve always felt comfortable doing but my hope is that many of you will relate as well as benefit from some powerful lessons I’ve recently learned—lessons learned not by choice.

Some months ago I became involved in a relationship. In spite of my initial hesitation and after being patiently but ardently pursued by the other person I s…

The 7 Deadly Small Business Mistakes You Must Avoid

Why do so many small or solo businesses fail? Is it because the owners weren’t good enough at what they did? In most cases that’s just not true. Most of them were very skilled and talented in their area of expertise. So why do people continue to struggle without enough clients or income? It’s heartbreaking to me when someone gives up who has great potential and a realistic dream. I want you to succeed in a big way. In f…

What to Do When You Want to Play a Bigger Game but You Hit a Wall

It’s always amazing to me how owning a small business is the best self growth program around (except perhaps for parenting). The problems we experience growing a business are exactly the ones we experience in life. 

One of those is what I call “hitting the wall”. This occurs when you are pushing and trying and doing and yet you feel like you’re on a treadmill, going no where and just plain stuck. Or you know what …

If Being Indecisive in Your Business is Holding You Back, Here’s How to Change It.

For start-up and early stage small and home based business owners the pressure to nail down a lucrative niche and create multiple products and services is anxiety producing. I see this with my small and solo business clients all the time. The truth is there’s a fine line between researching and weighing your options so you can pick a niche that is lucrative (and also matches your passion and skill set), and being inde…

Don’t Fall for Follow-Up Failure

You spend endless hours prospecting, going to business networking events, speaking to groups, or making sales calls. Maybe you even purchase lead lists.A certain percentage of the prospects you connect with will become clients-maybe anywhere from 1% to 10%. But what about the other 90%?

You’ve put all that effort into contacting these potential leads and introducing them to your services. You wouldnR…

The Disturbing Truth Revealed

My colleagues and I often rant about the unfortunate amount of alluring hype that exists online about making money fast. It’s so easy to actually believe this stuff if you are a small or solo business struggling to survive, or even if you’re just tired of working so darn hard.

Make $1,000,000 in seven days! 

Yes I actually saw this on a website and undoubtedly some people were falling for it. Why would some…