First of all, know you aren’t alone.
Today I wanted to talk about how certain negative beliefs and doubts (we’ve all had them) can lead to chronic success sabotaging behavior and unnecessary struggle that drives good clients and money away from you faster than a tweet in a Twitter stream.
Check out an email I received from a subscriber about this problem, and then read on to learn WHY this happens, and how to PREVENT it from ruining your chances for getting what you truly want, plus
- 6 tips to becoming a money attractor and
- 10 crucial questions you need to answer honestly
Several years ago I started my coaching and consulting business.
If I do a tele-class and don’t make sales I feel like giving up. I spend so much time on social media but I don’t get how it really helps. And I really don’t understand what technology to use sometimes, or how it works. It feels overwhelming to me.I was so excited to do what I loved and to be able to help people, and I started out doing anything I knew to get clients. I went to networking events, built a website, started a page on Facebook, tried to build contacts on Linked In and started tweeting. I got some clients, but after a year I wasn’t making enough to even pay all my bills. Although I have clawed my way to around $50,000 a year, it all seems so hard and such a struggle. I cannot stop the negative thinking that comes into my mind about whether I am doing the right thing.
I’m at a crossroads and was wondering if you could help. I’ve been following you for some time and I love your advice and approach.
Darlene (last name withheld)
First, thanks for your honesty and self-awareness. I’m glad you contacted me because having this kind of repetitive negative thinking is more common that you might think and it can bring you down. Not only that, it’s a vicious cycle that can actually shut down the flow of clients and money.
And it almost ALWAYS drives success away.
In fact, whether you know it or not, many amazing, talented experts have these uncertain and insecure feelings that get in their way. So the good news is that you’re not alone.
The bad news is that lots of women who feel “helpless” to create full out success NEVER figure out what to do about it until it’s too late and they get burned out. By then the dream is all but dead.
The ATTRACTOR FACTOR necessary to create success is gone.
Now much of this is a vicious cycle. When you have those feelings it’s often because you don’t have the inside knowledge and mastery of business and marketing strategy that will create success. In spite of this evidence, I see lots of people swearing they can go it alone, even when there is proof that it isn’t working. That’s just plain crazy. Because if you always do what you always did, you’ll always get what you always got.
Or you could be doing lots of things right to attract clients. But the WAY you do them could be causing poor results. Like when someone tells me they are getting lots of speaking opportunities but they are making no sales. Or when someone says they are getting great coaching results but they are practically giving their services away for free.
What You DON’T Want To Do
The truth is that the most certain and complete way to drive success away (as far away as possible) is to know what you are doing isn’t working, continue to do it, and feel self doubt and insecure as a result.
We all get to a point where sometimes what we are trying isn’t working. But those who succeed admit it, get help, try something new, change their beliefs, thoughts and actions, and they fix what isn’t working, or learn what they didn’t know before that will propel them forward. They are determined and have a “I’ll do whatever I need to do” attitude.
I’m talking about people that don’t just “talk the talk”, they “walk the walk”.
One of the things I’ve talked about often is how once you believe something to be “true”, you tend to find proof of what it is that you believe all around you in the world.
So if you believe that you will never make 6 figures or more, you can bet you never will. And you’ll find proof. Clients will want to pay you the minimum.
Your marketing efforts won’t work the way you’d hoped. You’ll feel skeptical or doubtful that any of the strategies the top experts are teaching are really worthwhile. You may even accumulate debt and have trouble paying your bills. Or you’ll convince yourself that you’re just in it to help people and the money doesn’t matter. Which is just another way of saying you’re not worth it. Ouch.
What you need is not more random information and ineffective actions.
What You Need Is the Right BELIEF
So instead of trying to “fix” all the things that you think are the problem with your business by yourself, you should actually try to change what you believe which will help PREVENT these problems in the first place. And get help because you can never see the forest for the trees.
Following me here? Good.
I’m going to talk about how to prevent these feelings first, then a few tips on how to become an ATTRACTOR.
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- As you might already suspect, it’s crucial to have non-judgmental support and mentoring. Going it alone doesn’t work especially if you are working alone from home. It can be a disaster to try and figure it all out by yourself. And without support you will be left to wallow in self doubt and make the same mistakes over and over.
- It takes courage to look at the beliefs and habits that are holding you back, and then to find a way to change them permanently. And again… you can’t do it alone. You need support and guidance.
- When you have self doubt you also may not think you are worthy of investing in yourself in your business. This can be a Catch 22. Only you can get out of your comfort zone and get help anyway. And yes it’s scary.
- BECAUSE GUESS WHAT–Clients are attracted to confident, experienced, highly visible experts who charge what they’re worth. This shows the client that you believe in the results you can get.
- Clients are also attracted to experts who “get” them, listen to them and are leaders who guide them to make a buying decision that will benefit them tremendously.
- 6. Businesses that succeed are run by people who know they need to learn what they don’t know from experts who do. They are not “do-it-yourselfers”. Nope, they want the shortcuts and they want them now. They want to put a DETAILED PLAN IN PLACE TO ACHIEVE THEIR BIG VISION!
Face the Truth and Your Feelings Fearlessly
You don’t want to keep “playing games” with your business, do you? You CAN and need to face your feelings about your ability to succeed, about money, and the truth about where your business is going.
- Is your marketing working?
- Do you know exactly the type of client that will most likely say yes?
- Do you know how to get them to yes?
- Do you know where there are money leaks in your business?
- Do you know how to get more traffic and subscribers quickly?
- Do you have the courage to double your promotional efforts?
- Do you know if you have a stand out brand that gets you noticed?
- Do you have a reason for every action you take in your business? This is called STRATEGY and without it you will get random, inconsistent results.
- Do you believe in yourself?
- Do you believe you have the capability of creating a wildly LUCRATIVE BUSINESS?
Okay, I can see your mind spinning. Do me a favor. Stop. Take a deep breath in and out. Relax. I’ll wait.
Now make a decision. Which direction do you want to go?
If you’ve read this far and you are raring and ready to finally and quickly create a sizable breakthrough in your business, including creating a success blueprint that will open new money doors for you, go ahead and take a leap of faith and join me in the Prosperity Breakthrough Workshop.
It starts next week. No time to ponder. You need to check in with your heart and your instincts, make a decision now and act quickly. (There is a 30 day guarantee if that helps). Have questions? Contact us here.