In my last entrepreneurial mindset article I listed the 5 Success Blocks that I’ve found are the most common stumbling blocks for many women who in every other sense are smart, savvy experts who work hard. Now I’d like to give you 8 action steps that can help you begin to shift. You can know every marketing strategy in the world. You can work hard and be darn good at what you do. But if these blocks stand in the way you’ll likely struggle and not understand why. I’ve been there. Breaking through is exhilarating.
Here are 8 action steps you can start practicing TODAY that can help you improve your ability to get the results you want in your business (and your life). They are not about marketing or social media, but about doing the inner work that allows the right marketing, clients and money to flow into your life.
1) Make a list of what you’ve done that is extraordinary in ANY area of your life
- List it.
- Bask in it.
- Own it.
2) Make a list of how you are valuable to others—clients, family, friends, the world.
- Write it down.
- Read it out loud.
- Acknowledge it.
- Own it.
3) Write down which situations cause you to lose your sense of power to control outcomes and go from confident and competent to unsure or insecure.
An example would be if you have created an awesome product or scheduled a webinar and only a few people show up or you only make a few sales. I’ve seen that through people off track for weeks.
4) Identify any OLD message or wound that causes this to happen. Just becoming aware of the message is powerful because you begin to see how it’s controlling you and you can kick it to the curb.
- When are you buying into this message
- What is the trigger?
- Become conscious and aware each day for a week.
- Go back to owning your value by telling yourself the truth, which is most likely the OPPOSITE of your old message.
5) Overcoming Stamp of Approval—ask yourself in each situation, what is the WORST that would happen if someone disapproves of my words or actions?
- Could you survive it?
- How many more people would love what you do because you took a stand or came from a confident place?
- How can you ignore the naysayers and start surrounding yourself with YAYsayers?
- Begin to accept that to step into the spotlight, you will not be“all that” to everyone.
- Feel aligned with your purpose. If you are fulfilling it you will connect with the RIGHT people
6) Getting past “they can’t afford it if I charge more”
- What kind of person CAN afford it?
- Who says THEY can’t?
- Are you confident about the value you offer?
- Are you able to articulate it?
- Do you BELIEVE you are worth more money?
- How much money are you losing my undercharging?
7) Letting go of Overwhelm
- Monitor how you spend your time for a week
- What % is spent on MONEY GENERATING tasks
- List rote tasks are not worth your hourly rate.
- Outsource them
- What can you change that you currently spend time doing in your business? What is siphoning off your time?
- Begin to value your time as precious
8) Work on becoming a Money Magnet
- Create a Money Attraction Avatar who truly cares and encourages your success. How does he or she look, act and interact with you?
- Imagine that this person was your best friend, your confidant, the one who believes in you and encourages you to be the best you can be.
- Let her tell you how she will show up in your life when you offer value to others
- Give generously to open the giving and receiving flow
- Be aware of those negative Money Monster Messages that may be sabotaging you and making you believe you have to stay small
- Make an abundance gratitude list. We all have so much more than most people in the world. Look around you and list every single thing that provides you with comfort, health and nourishment. You’ll be amazed and you’ll start to feel abundance
Once you begin to understand that where you put your mental focus and your emotions is actually creating your results. If you choose, even unconsciously to focus on lack, worry, fearful thoughts and worst case outcomes, you will attract that and you will act as if that’s what you deserve.
If instead each day you CHOSE to try to focus on happiness, joy, abundance, and gratitude your actions, results and life will begin to make a seismic shift. This is a daily choice.
Please share your comments and what you are committed to changing so everyone can benefit.
Want to start a seismic shift in your business? I challenge you to do so if you’re ready. If you are I have a few open slots when we can have a private conversation. If you are ready for a real breakthrough and a prosperity plan, let’s talk. In less than 60 minutes we’ll get you started in a new, exciting direction.